Home-Made Paneer INGREDIENTS:
- Low-Fat milk/Toned milk – 500 ml
- Lemon – 1
- Muslin cloth / Handkerchief
- Some heavy weight
- Boil 500 ml of Low-Fat/Toned Milk.
- Then let it cool for 5-10 min.
- Now again Boil this milk by adding lemon juice (from one entire lemon) to it.
- Now milk will Curdle and get separated.
- We can see curdled milk and water.
- Now remove it from Gas/stove/Hotplate and strain this curdled milk using a Muslin-cloth or Handkerchief.
- Now wash it along with cloth using clean water 2-3 times to remove the sour taste of lemon.
- Now drain and squeeze all the water from milk.
- Now your paneer is ready.
- Wrap this paneer tightly inside the cloth.
- Keep it in any tight container or in any desired shape and keep a heavy weight on it, and let it be there for at least one hour.
- Now take out the paneer from the cloth. U will get the desired shape.
- Cut it into cubes or pieces as per your choice.
- Can keep it in refrigerator for longer use or can use immediately for any recipe.
- Low Calorie Homemade Paneer is ready to be eaten in your desired way.
P.S: This Panner
- It is almost 1/3rd in calories than normal market Paneer.
- The water separated after curdling of milk i.e. Paneer stock is equally healthy and can be used for making Rotis /Sabzi/Soups. Etc. Don’t discard it.