A2 Desi Cow Ghee is the purest form of Ghee or clarified butter produced from the A2 Milk of desi or indigenous cow breeds like Gir and Sahiwal. A2 Ghee is free from the apparently harmful A1 Beta Casein.
A2 Ghee is a better choice for those with lactose or casein sensitivity. It is ideal for cooking as it has a high smoking point (4850 F) essential for sauteing or frying of foods.
It is also a very rich source of vitamins, antioxidants and healthy fats for all age groups. A2 Ghee is the healthiest choice for cooking food and greasing roti’s and chapati’s.
Producing Ghee from A2 cow milk using the traditional or desi method is an elaborate 5 step process:
Step 1 – Procuring and Pasteurization:
Fresh A2 Milk is drawn from desi grass-fed cows. Around 25 to 30 liters of milk is essential to produce 1 liter of ghee. The milk then undergoes a long and slow process of boiling which makes it more concentrated and disinfects from any harmful pathogen
Step 2 – Curdling
The now concentrated hot milk is cooled to room temperature and a tablespoon of curd is added to it. This milk is then covered tightly and kept overnight to get converted to curd
Step 3 – Churning
The curd is continuously churned using traditional process. After nearly 45 minutes to 1 hour of churning, the curd gets divided into butter and buttermilk.
Step 4 – Separation
The butter is manually separated from the buttermilk. This butter is then used to produce milk.
Step 5 – Heating & Filtration
The butter is then placed in a steel or earthen pot and is heated to boil. The boiling butter gradually gets clarified turning golden yellow in color and giving out a distinct aroma of pure cow ghee. This golden liquid ghee is filtered using a strainer and packed in jars
This entire process is also called as the ayurvedic or vedic process of ghee production.
The features and benefits of A2 Ghee are significantly superior compared to butter or other cooking oils.
- With a higher smoke point, A2 Ghee can endure in heat up to 4850 F while butter (3500 F) or different types of refined cooking oils (ranging between 2000 F to 2500 F) get oxidized at relatively lower temperatures
- Higher smoke point of A2 Ghee results in minimal production of a cancer-causing chemical compound called Acrylamide compared to other oils
- A2 Ghee is very well tolerated by people with sensitivities to dairy products as it is completely free from milk sugar lactose and milk protein A1 beta casein
- A2 Ghee is a rich source of essential Omega 3 Fatty acids which protects against heart disease
- Butyric acid present in A2 Ghee strengthens immune system and boosts our body’s immunity
While it is known that A2 ghee is the purer form of cow ghee, it is also rich in nutrients and has more health benefits.
- A2 milk is thicker in consistency and produces more ghee
- A2 cow ghee is grainy in texture and superior in taste
- It is packed with more nutrients and is well tolerated by people suffering from lactose intolerance or Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS
- Unlike regular ghee, A2 Ghee is an essential ingredient in many Ayurvedic medicine formulations
- Higher levels of Omega 3 fatty acids present in its A2 protein lowers harmful cholesterol in the body